people always talk shit about what obama “hasnt” done. well stfu and read this
The post about what Obama has done so far from early spring is easily one of the most popular ones on this site. But a lot of time has passed since then, so here’s an updated list:
- The President signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- The President announced the “Making Home Affordable” home refinancing plan.
- The President launched a $15 billion plan to boost lending to small businesses.
- The President and Secretary Geithner announced the details of the Financial Stability Plan.
- President Obama played a lead role in G-20 Summit that produced a $1.1 trillion deal to combat the global financial crisis.
- The President signed the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act which gives the federal government more tools to investigate and prosecute fraud, from lending to the financial system, and creates a bipartisan Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission to investigate the financial practices that brought us to this point.
- The President signed the Helping Families Save Their Homes Act, expanding on the Making Home Affordable Program to help millions of Americans avoid preventable foreclosures, providing $2.2 billion to help combat homelessness , and helping to stabilize the housing market for everybody.
- The President signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (CARD) Act to protect Americans from unfair and deceptive credit card practices.
- The President signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers.
- The President issued an Executive Order repealing the Bush-Era restrictions on embryonic stem cell research.
- The President signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis.
- The President signed an Executive Order on government contracting to fight waste and abuse.
- The President launched Recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, an unprecedented step to provide transparency and accountability through technology.
- The President wrote to the congressional leadership calling on them to pass statutory Pay-As-You-Go rules so that any new non-emergency tax cut or entitlement expansion offset in the budget.
- The President signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system.
- The President signed the Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act, which provides quality health care to 11 million kids – 4 million who were previously uninsured — and removes barriers preventing legal immigrant children from being covered.
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act provides over $400 million in funds to strengthen security and infrastructure for ports of entry on the Southwest border.
- The President signed the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, a hallmark piece of legislation.
- The Serve America Act will increase the size of AmeriCorps from 75,000 volunteers to 250,000 by 2017.
- The Act also creates a Social Innovation Fund that will invest in ideas that are proven to improve outcomes and “what works” funds in federal agencies to promote effective and innovative programs
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act included a broad range of tax cuts aimed at making the tax code more fair and supporting the middle class:
- 95% of all working families will receive a tax cut
- 70% of the tax benefits goes to the middle 60% of American workers
- 2 million families will be lifted out of poverty by the tax cuts in the Recovery Act
- More than $150 billion in tax cuts will help low-income and vulnerable households during the economic recovery
- About 1 Million jobs will be created or saved by these tax cuts alone
“To help build a new foundation for the 21st century, we need to reform our government so that it is more efficient, more transparent, and more creative.”
-President Obama, April 25, 2009
- The President issued a Presidential Memorandum to the heads of executive departments and agencies ordering them to compile recommendations for an open government directive on transparency, participation, and collaboration in government.
The President signed an Executive Order establishing the White House Office of Urban Affairs. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act included broad support for urban communities.
- To broaden access to affordable housing, the Act provides for $1 billion in increased funding for the Community Development Block Grant; $4 billion in increased public housing capital funds; $2 billion in payments to owners of project based rental assistance properties to keep them affordable; $2 billion in Neighborhood Stabilization Funds to purchase and rehabilitate forclosed homes; and $1.5 billion in Homelessness Prevention Funds to keep people in their homes;
- To expand educational opportunity for low-income students, the Act provides for $13 billion in Title I funds to go to K-12 education in disadvantaged school systems;
- To strengthen workforce development, the Act provides $3.95 billion in increased workforce investment training dollars to keep our workers skilled and to employ young people during the summer;
- To improve energy efficiency, the Act increases the Weatherization Assistance Program by $5 billion, helping low income consumers save on their energy bills while simultaneously training more workers for a growing field;
- To bolster our nation’s transportation infrastructure, the Act provides $1.5 billion in discretionary funding for the Department of Transportation to fund projects of regional or national significance as well as $8 billion to jumpstart high speed rail and connect regions to one another; and,
- The Act also provides $4.7 billion to provide broadband access to underserved areas.
“I keep in my pocket a checklist of the promises I made during the campaign, and here I am, halfway through my first term, and we’ve accomplished 70 percent of the things that we said we were going to do - and by the way, I’ve got two years left to finish the rest of the list, at minimum.”
I LOVE OBAMA ♥
Message from….. Y.LUCK sez HERE IS UR OFFICIAL INVITE 2 MY PRE VIDEO PARTY ON THURSDAY JUNE 3RD. THE PARTY WILL BE HELD @ THE BASIN STREET LOUNGE LOCATED @ 1600 BASIN STREET. THE DOORS WILL OPEN @ 7PM BUT U WILL B ABLE 2 COME @ ANY TIME. PLEASE COME CELEBRATE THE SUCCESS OF MY NEW SINGLE “WALKIN THRU N.O.” FEAT ROI “CHIP” ANTHONY, AND FATS DOMINO. THE OFFICIAL NEW….NEW ORLEANS ANTHEM!!!!
LISTEN HERE!!! LISTEN HERE!!!!Y. Luck - WALKING THRU N.O. MAST
THE VIDEO WILL BE HELD SATURDAY & SUNDAY JUNE 5TH & 6TH. ALL OVER THE CITY. IF U PLAN 2 ATTEND I WILL BE SENDING OUT MORE OF THESE IN THE NEXT COMING WEEK TO REMIND U ALL. SO PLEASE B ON THE LOOKOUT. THANX FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. AND IF U WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THE SONG, SEE ANY PICTURES, PURCHASE THE CD & OR ANY SINGLES, OR JUST BROWSE THE WEBSITE U CAN GO CHECK IT OUT @ http://yluck7.com/ ALSO LEAVE COMMENTS IF U LIKE THE SONG AND I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING U ALL THERE. THANX AND HOLLA BACK AT ME — ” BEGINNERS LUCK ” ” Y.LUCK “